Sunday, May 20, 2012

Frady's One Stop Food Store, Bywater

Aaron and I were just looking for somewhere quick and easy for lunch and came upon a most excellent spot in Bywater today. I love it when I sound like some awfully radical Bill and Ted flashback.  Anyway, what we stumbled upon was an idealistically dusty and quaint family owned store called Frady’s One Stop Food Store offering meatloaf, spaghetti, greens, pies, tamales, and po’ boys, along with some grocery items.  We both went chef’s choice and got the roast beef po’ boy all the way.  What I opened up was this incredible sandwich, now I must also note this is my first New Orleans roast beef po’ boy, but this gravy, roast beef, Swiss cheese, french bread monster delicacy beats out most of the sandwiches I have had in my life by its mere simplicity and warm comfort it gave my belly.  Yummmmm.

Frady's One Stop Food Store
3231 Dauphine Street  New Orleans, LA 70117

(504) 949-9688
Frady's one stop food store on urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment