Sunday, May 20, 2012

Denial of FEMA Demolition

I was randomly searching the internet for Katrina pictures of the neighborhood I live in and I stumbled upon a picture of a house nearby.  Upon further investigation, (I literally clicked on the picture) I found the Preservation Resource Center and found out that just a month ago this house, along with 29 other homes, was up for consideration for demolition by the Neighborhood Conservation Districts Committee but was denied for a FEMA funded demolition.  That was it.  No explanation for the denial of demolition.

update:  11.14.2012

The house is gone. And you know what it took??? A Habitat for Humanity house being built next door.  Turns out, it is a huge hazard to having a teetering potential cinder of a building next to a connected non-profit home.  Go, New Orleans!

No comments:

Post a Comment